17.1.12

The Old Library inspires



I recently caught up with my good friend Natalie Hayllar for lunch at the Old Library in Cronulla, Sydney. Natalie publishes Eat Read Love, the divine blog dedicated to love, food, books, design, photography and travel. Like Natalie, Eat Read Love oozes style and passion; I am always transported to another world when I read her posts and feel as if I have actually experienced the food or place - "in real life", as my four year old would say. If you live in Sydney or ever travel the road south and seek wonderful places, food, or simply enjoy a visual feast online, Eat Read Love is a must-read (start with Natalie's post - A New Chapter for The Old Library).

Apart from the sensational food and inspiring conversation, the atmosphere, created by Hecker Guthrie and stylist Sibella Court of The Society Inc, left its mark on me. The soft timber tones contrasting with graphic black and white lines is calming and the textures, in the more coarsely woven linen fabrics and timber panelled ceiling, add warmth. As a result, I'm researching a panelled ceiling for our cottage extension. I think it will contrast well with the concrete slab floor. If I could achieve the lines and height of the Library's ceiling, I'd be very happy as well. But then there's the budget...of course. 

1 comment: