20.8.12

Bonnie and Neil & Tara Badcock: Australian style







It occurred to me recently that I haven't heard a Kookaburra laugh here in Canberra for a long time. I had the pleasure of getting to know a few resident characters growing up on the edge of the Royal National Park in Sydney and took for granted their noisy presence. Bonnie and Neil are currently offering graphic cushions with fun tassels featuring these loveable birds. I love the vibrant colours in their current range as well. 

My kookaburra cushion search also lead me to Tasmanian textile artist and designer, Tara Badcock who captures beautifully the cheeky nature of these birds in her hand embroidered works of art. So many of my favourite hand made finds seem to come from Tassie! Take a look at more from Bonnie and Neil here and Tara Badcock here.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, thanks for including my work!
    I forgot to add tags to another Kookaburra cushion I've made from applique leather:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarabadcock/7723309070/in/photostream/

    Many thanks and glad to find your blog!
    xx Tara Badcock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a pleasure Tara! Your work is just beautiful. It is refreshing to find something unique and so carefully made! I'm delighted you found my blog:)

    ReplyDelete